Sunday, January 16, 2011

January Album Update

And so the work with the debut album took another spurt as I switched to the Beyond The Beat studio at Woodbine Ave and Kingston Road. David MacKenzie is working with me as engineer and co-producer. The aim is now set higher and includes 11 full blown studio tracks. Close to an hour of original music.



In the first session we laid down the base of "New Year's Eve". We're looking forward to having slick drums and bass as well as the playful guitar parts. If you missed the preview I posted then you can find it here: Preview of "New Year's Eve"
 

In the second session we started with "Through Your Eyes". I'm not really happy with my performance and will most likely redo this with a few new ideas and more energy. In the end this will be a nice groovy world kind of feel reaching beyond six minutes of danceable rhythms.


I've finished off "Magic Carpet" so that we can start on that one too and I'm practicing the instrumental piece "Flow" so that when we record it with three sensitive mics it will catch all the small quirks of the guitar sounds.

Keep your eyes out for future previews and updates. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to shoot me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment