Friday, May 28, 2010

Album update 1

The story of recording my first CD has been going on for a while, actually the planning started October last year (2009) and after that the preproduction started. I brought material (my songs) to Peirson Ross who co-produce with me, working on minor changes to the songs to make them ready for release, recorded the guitar and vocal tracks and added some harmonies. The songs I recorded were Brown Grass, Stones and Sinking Ship.



Now that the preproduction of these three songs are done we've moved into the engineers (Wheels) home to do the professional recording of my voice and some harmonies. Bernie Henry was there for percussion, added positive vibes and suggestions.




In the above picture you see Wheels mixing one my songs.
It was great to hear the work that Wheels did to the existing tracks and I'm looking forward to hearing the final mixes of what we accomplished.
On Tuesday we're heading into the studio to add drums, stand up bass, harmonica and maybe some cello. I'm really excited about that!


My plan is to release either one or all digitally as singles and then keep on working with three new songs. I'm not sure if I want to do a six song EP or a full length album yet, there are pros and cons for both. An EP would be released sooner and would be cheaper getting me to work on the next CD right after. An album would be more fulfilling and more enjoyable for the listener but would take longer time to finish and cost more. Another thing to think about is how people listen to music these days, many just have it on their iPods and in that case it wouldn't matter that much how many songs there were.


The next three songs I plan to record is:
Magic Carpet
Long Gone
New Years Eve


Go to the official website to check out new music, videos, upcoming shows and news:
VideGeiger.com


Join as a facebook fan to get direct updates:
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=138439976169542


Over and out!


"Live your life like it's your first"


Vide

2 comments: